Nexio is currently looking for a HRIMS Senior Business Analyst, Payroll for one of its clients located in Montréal.
- Collect, document, update and review business requirements and scenarios into functional design documentation;
- Ensure proper review and acceptance by stakeholders;
- Create/Update functional documentation, such as functional specifications;
- Research and propose options and resolutions to issues or enhancements;
- Document and present outcomes to clients;
- Escalate issues/opportunities to streamline a more efficient use of the tool;
- Participate and provide functional input into project based activities;
- Provide estimates based on requirements (also required on a ticket by ticket basis);
- Provide input into project activities/plans;
- Report on activities to the HRIMS Business Analyst Lead and HRIMS Project Manager;
- Work collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts, IT and the HRIMS Project Integrator;
- Collaborate with the Business Process Team to provide new People and Culture process and workflow input;
- Collaborate with the Data Migration Team to provide HR data conversion requirements;
- Collaborate with the Security Team to provide HRIMS User Profile requirements;
- Involve, execute and provide support for all Project Testing cycles as per testing strategy by working with the HRIMS Project Integrator, Project Team and Users to ensure successful implementation;
- Support Change Management and Communication activities as required;
- Provide assistance, guidance and training to HRIMS Team Members and Users as needed;
- Participate and provide feedback in Lessons Learned sessions;
- For the duration of implementation, respond to requests by the internal stakeholders for enhancements, maintenance and break-fix activities;
- Keep abreast of new and upcoming functionality within the supported applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience (involvement in project work is essential);
- In depth knowledge of systems development and project life cycle methodologies including two (2) years implementation experience with at least one project completed from start to finish (AGILE (Scrum, SPRINT), SDLC);
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll systems is mandatory;
- Knowledge of Canadian Payroll is mandatory;
- Knowledge of Saas, Cloud-based, configurable Human Resources and Payroll systems is mandatory;
- Proven capability, in the documentation, analysis, research and design of solutions;
- Extensive experience, 5+ years, in a customer-facing role;
- Must be fluent in English and French to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently, to and/or for all audiences, clients, internal and Project Integrator staff as well as Management;
- Familiar with change management and incident management methodologies and tools (ITSM, ITIL, JIRA);
- Certified Business Analyst Certification, training and knowledge of Agile practices for specification and testing are an asset.
- Use creativity in discovering and applying emerging technologies to solve business problems;
- Quickly respond to user requests/problems and propose options;
- Use industry resources to identify and develop new approaches and solutions;
- Diagnose efficiently and effectively the source of problems and design solutions;
- Assess business processes and user needs and translate these into effective solutions.
- Analyze and solve problems;
- Devise solutions to functional problems;
- Exercise sound judgment;
- Respond to urgent requests in a timely manner.
Interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a customer oriented approach and is able to communicate ideas and to convey configuration/application information to users in simple terms, in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Display positive communication skills to effectively listen, understand and communicate complex business, functional and technical information within a team environment;
- Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with a wide cross-section of internal customers from end-users and super users to Business Process Owners;
- Communications with external consultants and suppliers is also required.